Tryout and Preseason Information for Athletes Grades 9-12
It’s that time of year – fall sports are BACK!
The 2022 Fall Sports Season for the Sanford Spartans kicks off on Monday, August 15.
Sanford High School is excited to welcome (back) a familiar face to the helm of Sanford Athletics, Zachary Lemelin, who enters his first official season as Athletic Director (AD). Lemelin was assistant athletic director for ten years for former AD Gordon Salls, who retired this year after 28 years in the district.
Lemelin and all fall coaches urge athletes and their families to ensure the following list is complete before Day 1:
- Sign up for your sport and complete your registration on Family ID. This is mandatory for your athlete to be eligible on the first day.
- Submit up-to-date physicals to the school. A blank physical form can be found here. First-year athletes, among others, may also need to take an IMPACT test for concussion safety protocols.
- Athletes must meet all academic eligibility guidelines as outlined in the Parent/Student Interscholastic Standards.
- Find your team’s preseason schedule on rSchoolToday. Sports teams include:
- Boys Soccer
- Cross Country
- Fall Cheering
- Field Hockey
- Freshmen Football
- Girls Soccer
- Parents and athletes need to attend the Fall Sports Information Night on Tuesday, August 16 at 6:30 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center.
Best of luck to all athletes trying out next week!